Friday, December 3, 2010

Progression

In life I think that it’s important for people to have ideas. I think that the natural progression of humanity - particularly in the case of transitioning into adulthood - is to mold ideas into tangible product. Like molding clay, we press, sculpt, and carve, adding in the distinguishing marks of achievement over time.

The question I ask myself in regards to this has always been thus: “Am I sculpting the right ideas, in the right way? Will my work yield the right results?”

I’m now beginning to ask myself why I form ideas and notions at all? Is it because I desire some beautifully metrical end result? Or is it because I find beauty in the act of sculpting altogether, and not necessarily in the end result or how it is perceived?

Someday I’d like to build a beautiful house in the woods, with my hands, from the ground up. I will invite my family & friends to witness what I’ve done, likely as an excuse to gather their company. Do I want to create something powerful and sheltering from the ground up? Yes, I do.

More so, I want to be laughing in the woods with good people.

No comments:

Post a Comment