Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Censor Study

Wednesday was a dragging day, with all the student loans and paper work to deal with. That was just as stressful. The majority of the day spent at studying new artist and their work, particularly Albert Oehlen. It is irrelevant compared to the style and aesthetic of my work, but I'm focusing on a new element in each artist, using that as a base for new studies.

The other day, I was in my life drawing class, reading an article about a German artist who has been the center of attention because of the raw theme of his work. I cannot remember his name, but that inspired me to work on a quick sketch of a model in our class. I finally grappled my energy to photograph a (unfinished) piece of my work. This is one of several studies that I did in that particularly class that day.


The Understudy, red pencil on newsprint, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment