Friday, September 10, 2010

My Grey Garden


I forgotten what it felt like to stay home on the weekend due to me traveling up to Phoenix for various reasons the past three weeks. A Friday night in meant that I am going to intake a sugary French wine with my usual side of Brie and crackers, and a haunting documentary called Grey Gardens.

This probably the most fun I've had in a long time, at least with myself. The documentary was nothing that I had played in my head. I kept imagining some brutal, cult film that truly terrifies you. The relationship between Little Edie and Big Edie Beale is haunting, clausterphobic, and so driven. It's hard to imagine living cooped up in a decaying house, shutting off the outside world to stay inside your world. It's easy to fall prey to this, shutting off the outside world.

What's fascinating is that I can find some connection to relate to these remarkable women. At the end of the documentary, I just had the tendency that whatever chance I get, I'm going to grab it, no matter how big or small, I shouldn't let any goals drive-by.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment